Monday, July 20, 2009

Week 3: An Open Letter to Dr. Holly Ludgate


An idea worth sharing...

Dr. Ludgate,

I was just musing on one of our discussion boards about the value the blogs we've been required to create this month (MAC). It is such a great tool for reflection that I wish I had been keeping one the entire time I've been in the EMDT program. Not only could it have been a diary of my personal journey, but it could also serve as a resource for students that follow. I've also found that the free flow writing has really helped me with my thesis, if only by offering the practice of getting the words out of my head and onto to the screen.

I digress.... The point of all this, you ask? I think it should be a requirement that EMDT students create a blog from the start and regularly post to it throughout the duration of the program. The discussion boards serves a similar purpose, but they disappear at the end of each month. A blog would be/could be a living record of our experience in the program and beyond. Imagine how cool it would be if students continued to blog even after they graduated and moved into their professional adventures!

Hope you're well,
Emily

Image Credit: Stock photography purchased by Emily Wray from http://www.photos.com.

3 comments:

  1. You know throughout the past two and a half weeks I kept telling myself, "I should have been doing this a long time ago." Your idea that it could showcase all of your work during the Full Sail Experience is awesome. I also enjoy reviewing everyone's findings; what an amazing resource...each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the letter- In fact, we are on the same page with this. Starting this month forward, students entering the program are going to be required to reflect on their expereinces each month as it relates to the specific course as well as how it relates to action research.
    The evolution of EMDT continues- and I appreciate your valuable and meaningful feedback :)

    Holly

    ReplyDelete