Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Week 2: A Response to a Question Raised in Wimba...


Lisa Young raised the following question in class tonight: What is the best way to post/render audio on a Blogger blog?

Well, I thought I knew the answer... Upload it to a third-party hosting service such as Blip.tv and then embed it in a Blogger post. It turns out, I was only half-right. Posting to a third-service will work... just not with Blip.tv.

Fans of my blog will remember I am a Blip.tv user, so when this challenge came a-knockin' I immediately thought Blip.tv would make quick work of it.

In fact, I wasn't even planning on having to write a lengthy post, but now look at me!

Here's the 4-1-1: Blip.tv can upload and render the audio file (MP3) on its own site, but does not offer an embedding option for file types that cannot automatically be converted to Flash. Here's what the file looks like on my Blip.tv channel: el Wray Daily

So when I came up empty handed, I decided to do a Google search with the following keywords: "embedding an audio file in blogger." The very first result was a link to Blogger's own FAQs detailing the best ways to add audio to your Blogger blog. There is even a walk-through of distributing podcasts through a Blogger feed, which I intend to explore in a later post.

Image Credit: Stock photography purchased by Emily Wray from http://www.photos.com.

1 comment:

  1. It's funny because Blogger has been such a foundational blogging service, and I've used third party stand-alone blog entry editing programs on PCs and Macs and I know that you can do a lot with a Blogger account. It just looks like a lot of these functions (like editing in pure HTML code is difficult to get to in the browser-interface. Ack. Anything that you can contribute to the conversation would be most welcomed. :-D

    ReplyDelete