Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Week 2: Why am I using stock photography?


Many of you may be asking why I am using purchased stock photography here on my blog instead of the gazillions of public domain or Creative Commons options... Well the answer is 2-fold:

1) As a freelance graphic designer, I have loads of purchased images "just lying around."

2) I am picky when it comes to graphics and many times it's easier to search a stock database (paying as little as $1 an image - 72 dpi) than to comb the web for an image of questionable copyright.

My stock service de jour is iStockphoto.

Image Credit: Stock photography purchased by Emily Wray from http://www.photos.com.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know...My anxiety is always in full force when I'm trying to find copyright free photos. For $1 an image I think it would be totally worth it. Thanks for the link, and I plan to use it very soon in the future. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete