Thursday, July 23, 2009

Week 3: Another Open Letter to Dr. Holly Ludgate


Hello Dr. Ludgate,

Random suggestion on something that would bring a little more cohesion to the EMDT program...

I think it would be so helpful to have a consistent file naming convention across all assignments and all courses. Coming into a new course each month requires quick and sometimes panic-inducing assimilation. One of the things I spend a good deal of time worrying about is whether I am submitting my assignments the "right" way each month.

Some of the course directors are meticulous about it, others don't seem to have any preference at all. Having a consistent file naming requirement throughout the program would be one less thing we all had to worry about... students and course directors alike.

Ex: LastFirst_Wk1-Assignment

I offer my 2-cents so often I'm broke,
Emily

Image Credit: Stock photography purchased by Emily Wray from http://www.photos.com.

3 comments:

  1. I must say this is something I too have often pondered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another suggestion that is now in the works with the team. I appreciate you taking the time to voice your great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I avoid the whole fiasco by just doin' it all by blog... of course there are those students who do entries with titles that don't indicate what week or what assignment they are doing.. argh... never mind...

    ReplyDelete