Saturday, July 25, 2009

Week 3: Response to Nick Briscoe...

high hopes
THE ART OF POSSIBILITY CHAPTERS 3 & 4 DISCUSSION WK3 PST2

...The questions now are how do I improve my mindset to think of myself as creating A material and how do I stop playing the game and become more of a contribution?

Easier said than done.

Zander, B. and Zander, R. (2000). The Art of Possibility. New York: New York Penguin Group.

EL WRAY...

Wonderfully reflective post Nick. There are some very raw realizations here. In the end you ask, "how do I improve my mindset to think of myself as creating A material and how do I stop playing the game and become more of a contribution?" If I knew the definitive answers to these questions, I would write a book. But all I can offer are speculations based on my own experiences and similar struggles.

I was about to write, "I've never been 100% satisfied with any of the projects I've produced in the EMDT program..." But that would not have been an accurate statement. The truth is that I realize that I can always do better or more... maybe not today and maybe not even tomorrow... but as continually evolving beings, we are constantly growing and learning, and therefore have the infinite capacity to improve. So "satisfaction" is the fleeting moment between knowing you've done your best and realizing you could have done better. It's inevitable.

SATURDAY, JULY 25, 2009 - 06:27 PM


Sources:

THE ART OF POSSIBILITY CHAPTERS 3 & 4 DISCUSSION WK3 PST2, Nick Briscoe, http://web.me.com/nicholasjbriscoe/NicholasBriscoe/Blog/Entries/2009/7/23_The_Art_of_Possibility_Chapters_3_%26_4_Discussion_Wk3_Pst1.html# retrieved on July 25, 2009

Image Credit: Stock photography purchased by Emily Wray from http://www.photos.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment